Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 3: RSS Feeds

Thing 3 was RSS feeds. This tool seems especially valuable to many professionals. What an efficient way to keep up-to-date on the latest medical news, research and policy analysis. No longer do you have to visit your favorite blogs to see if they have been updated recently. With goggle reader or igoogle, you automatically receive the updates as they are available. However, as lovely as it all sounds – I did have a few technical problems. I had no trouble finding blogs and other news feeds that I was interested in being notified of new posts. However, the subscription process or signing up for the RSS feeds didn’t always work as I thought it should. A couple of the blogs that I signed up for with my iGoogle account always give the message ‘information is temporarily unavailable’.

I really like this tool and will continue to refine my skills in using these tools to streamline the information I receive. One problem will be finding the time to read the posts…there are so many interesting blogs these days.

1 comment:

Amber D said...

I've had problems signing up for RSS feeds too. Sometimes I get redirected up to a page with html text...what's that all about?